Rules and Regulations Section XI
Rules and Regulations :: Swimming Pool
XI. SWIMMING POOL (Everything in bold to be posted)
New Jersey Law requires:
1. Any person showing evidence of any communicable disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharges, or any other communicable disease shall be denied admission.
2. Any person with excessive sunburn, open blisters, cuts, or bandages shall be denied admission.
3. Do not enter the water if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or have had any signs or symptoms of a gastrointestinal (stomach) disease in the past seven days.
4. All children in diapers must wear plastic pants with snug fitting elastic waist and leg bands. Do not wash out soiled diapers in the bathing water.
5. Children should be encouraged to use the restroom before entering the water. Immediately report any "accidents" you observe in the bathing waters to the lifeguard.
6. No animals, except service animals, shall be allowed in the swimming pool, wading pool, hot tub, or spa area, dressing rooms, or other parts of the enclosure.
7. Glass containers shall be prohibited in food and drink areas.
8. All persons shall shower before entering the water.
9. Conduct which endangers the safety and comfort of others shall be prohibited.
10. Outdoor bathing shall be prohibited during an electrical storm.
11. Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be
prohibited from entering the water.
12. Persons under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
13. No swimming alone.
Additional GP Rules:
1. Use pool area at your own risk.
The Association shall not be responsible for personal injury, or loss or damage to personal property.
2. Pool shall be used ONLY when authorized and posted.
Hours of Operation from Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Sunday through Thursday
10:00 am to 7:00 pm Friday and Saturday
Additional times may be authorized and posted by the GP General Manager. The GP General Manager may authorize and post adult swim times.
3. Pool tags must be displayed in the pool area.
No one will be admitted into the pool area without a pool tag.
4. Avoid bathroom accidents in the pool.
An adult must accompany children wearing swim diapers (as required by NJ law, #4) into the pool in the shallow end only. Diaper changing on the pool deck is prohibited.
5. Do not swallow or spit pool water.
6. Do not "reserve" lounge chairs or tables by placing towels or personal items while absent.
The use of furniture other than that provided by the Association is prohibited. Occupants using sunscreens or lotions shall cover pool furniture with beach towels. With the exception of wheel chairs, baby carriages and strollers, wheeled vehicles are not permitted on the pool deck.
7. No horseplay, diving, unsafe or disruptive behavior permitted in pool area.
Running and Ball Playing anywhere on the pool deck is prohibited. Diving, Horseplay, and Pool Games, such as Marco Polo or "chicken", are prohibited in the pool. Ball playing in the swimming pool is permitted, at the discretion of Life Guards and the GP General Manager. Goggles and masks are permitted in the pool.
Earphones are required when using sound reproduction devices (radios, CD players, etc.) in the pool area.
If, after warning, excessive splashing, jumping, or disturbances inconvenience others, Life Guards and the GP General Manager reserve the right to suspend pool privileges of the offenders.
8. Those who are unable to get into and out of the pool on their own must be accompanied by an aide, family member, or designated helper to to use or swim in the Gardens Plaza pool.
Lifeguards are neither trained nor authorized to help swimmers in and out of the pool.
9. No smoking, glass containers, or alcohol permitted in pool area.
The consumption of food on the pool deck is restricted to the dedicated eating area, with the exception of small snacks allowed at the discretion of Life Guards and the GP General Manager.
10. Adult personal flotation devises, other than noodles, are prohibited.
Oversized inflatable toys or flotation devices, including inner tubes, air mattresses, surfboards and floating chairs are not permitted in the pool.
Small personal flotation devices, such as “noodles”, shall be permitted.
Small personal floatation devices for children are permitted, if an adult accompanies the child into the pool.
The use of pool toys in the pool shall be strictly limited to the toys provided by the Association.
If any device disturbs or otherwise inconveniences others, Life Guards and the GP General Manager reserve the right to restrict its use until conditions improve.
11.Life Guards and the GP General Manager shall interpret and enforce pool rules.
12. Cover-ups or shirts and shoes must be worn before entering the building.
Persons returning from the beach during pool hours shall enter the building through the boardwalk entrance to the pool deck and shall endeavor to remove sand from their person and personal property prior to entering the pool deck. A hose for cleaning feet and personal items is available at the boardwalk side entrance to the pool and a shower for rinsing off is available at the Park Place side of the pool.
Surfboards and large rafts are not permitted in the building and must be stored in designated areas. Please see the GP Office or Guards for directions and a key to this area.